Friday, June 06, 2008

Friday Night Freedom

I sigh and smile and shiver with anticipation of Friday night freedom. I feel good tonight. I am gainfully employed. I got the call today from CO-way that I am in like Flynn.

Just. Like. That. My very first cover letter was the one. Wow. My head is kind of spinning, yet I'm also calm, at peace. I've worked so hard, focused so much attention on this job search that it feels strangely empty to have it done. Yet satisfying.

And I wanted tonight for myself. I took it. Away from anyone else so I could just steep in my own self. Sometimes I get so busy and otherways-focused that I forget who I am. And I AM. That is enough for tonight.

You got a sliver of me because I feel the need to write. I can feel a pour coming on -- a volcanic eruption of Triteacher news and photos and blog commenting nonpareil!

... but it may have to wait until after Friday Night Freedom.
A good one to you.
-TT.

6 comments:

Team Brazo said...

Awesome -- nothing better than relaxing after a job well done.

Congrats!

xt4 said...

Fantastic. Proud of you. Sad to see you leave our JLT outpost though. s'okay, there are superheroes in Co. too I'm sure...

jbmmommy said...

Congratulations, you deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is wonderful! Congratulations...you have worked hard and deserve this!!

It is an awesome accomplishment that you put so much into...kind of like an Ironman. Enjoy your success. "Friday night freedom" sounds like the perfect way to enjoy a job well-done.

I look forward to hearing more about it!

RunBubbaRun said...

Employemt and a great place to live and work.. Congrats to ya... How could they deny TT..

Relax and soak it all in, the best is yet to come from ya, I can feel it.

ShesAlwaysWrite said...

Congrats on landing a new job so quickly!