Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Still a Runner & An Apology

I can still run. I ran a sunny 7-miler with Piper on Sunday morning. It wasn't fast, but it was pretty. Oh, sigh of relief and quiver of elation.

Now I have to apologize to the snow for my nasty little riddle. You see, after my post, we went skiing by the light of the full moon. Ain't no way you could do that in August.

There was beauty in the forest - the dappled light just enough to follow the path. But the stunners were the clearings - open bowls of milky white perfection. We'd had so much snow that these were large tracts of untrammeled powder. We took turns baptizing them - being the first one to swish through the powder. In those places, we were alone in the world together. The first ones. In those places, like reptiles to the sun, we lifted our faces and basked in the moon's glow.

Oh snow, do you forgive me now?

11 comments:

jbmmommy said...

I think the snow knows that's what it's there for. I also think it's happy to give you such pleasure, especially after what's been a long winter for some people.

Congrats on the run, I still can only dream about 7 miles. Some day.

TriShannon said...

Glad your run went well. You make me want snow. Oh wait, the moment has passed... bring on spring!!

jwm said...

The snow is not PO'd at you.. no need for asking forgiveness. I'm sure it will just gently (or abruptly) remind you again next time you slip bad mouth the snow.

As for the run, I think that's where I'm at.. I need a run. This morning's swim was "fine" and all.. But sometimes one must run. Tonight will be the I don't care how late she gets home from work or how icy it is "run".

Then again, see my tomorrow's blog entry for sprained broken stuff for dissing the ice.. Yiiiikes! Just saying, I hope mine turns out well too.

-jwm

RunBubbaRun said...

Don't worry about MR./Mrs Snow. Unless you were practicing your "kegel" exercises out there again.

Cool, running outside again. Way to go..

Unknown said...

A night ski? That sounds like fun. WE do night rides with lights on our helmets. It's amazing how the trail's completely different in the dark. Glad to see you're working on your "love/hate" relationship with the white stuff! :)

Pharmie said...

Maybe I need to officially take up skiing. Right now, I'm still just sick of all of the white, I mean nasty brown, stuff.

The Fool said...

Egads, I'm glad someone can still find joy in the white stuff. I wish it was still powder, all we got is clumpy icy hard lava like moonscapes.

Beautiful last post poem riddle.

Anne said...

I don't know about the snow, but I'd certainly accept your nicely composed apology.

Fe-lady said...

I like running in the dark...but go early early mornings. I remember snow...sometimes I miss being out in it...but I don't miss driving in it. Or trying to drive with people who don't know how to drive in it!

Dances with Corgis said...

Alpine skiing, or cross country?

Triteacher said...

Skirough, cross country. I take it you do some skiing too?