Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Snow Came

Friday Night

Piper and bosom buddy Maggie romp at the forest. Notice the snow in front of Maggie.


Saturday Morning

This is the same forest on Saturday morning. We skied again at 10PM, for which I put skis on outside of our front door and skied down the streets to get to the trail. I love beating the plows out the door! The snow was drifted so high in spots that it created waves that rivaled those at Mavericks. Fourteen MPH winds kept a steady sheet of snow sworling off their front edges. Piper plunged right over the top of one and was nearly lost in the avalanche of snow. I, having spent time in California observing surfers, "caught" the wave from the side and managed to "surf" it to the bottom. Watch and learn, Piper.

Sunday Afternoon

Here we are at the forest yet again. I gotta say, my training partner rocks. The picture at right is Piper struggling through a drift near the end of our first loop. Yet he burst into the second loop without missing a beat. Now that's stamina!






Meanwhile, back at the ranch....
And no, we don't need to make any pronouncements on who possesses the most intelligence at our place.

The. Snow. Came. Yay!!!!!





7 comments:

The Fool said...

I hope your snow was better than ours here in So WI....

It was 3 inches of slush under 6 inches of snow....

UGH! I love snow, but I hate shoveling this kinda crap.... 40 lbs per shovel full.

RunBubbaRun said...

Piper looks like he was having fun there. Can I bring him on my snow runs?

Glad you were able to get some skiing in and avoid the snow plows..

Unknown said...

Wow! The snow looks awesome.

jbmmommy said...

I've been waiting all winter for some snow to take the boys sledding. I can't wait to get home from work today! Thanks for sending the storm our way- enjoy, I know we will!

Pharmie said...

Glad someone got to take advantage of it! I had to fight it all the way into work both days. Love your last post by the way. It was very powerful and is true for me on many different levels.

Fe-lady said...

Pretty pix...I can hear the quiet of the place.
Loved running with my dog when I had one! They are the best!

Unknown said...

Yay for snow!

I need to work some more with Bandit before he'll be worthy of becoming a training partner. Right now he's really good at cutting in front of me when I least expect it...