Sunday, February 18, 2007

High Mileage Week

Woof. It has been a week. I'm thinking back to last weekend and it seems like it was months ago. It has been a week of contrasts and extremes...

I have been breaking-dishes angry and tenderly loving - to the same person.
(No dishes were harmed in the production of this post.)

I have not eaten at all and then eaten sushi to excess.
I slept 4 hours one night and 12 on another.

We left our hamlet of 1500 for a city of 250,000
but still found a cornfield to trek through.

I have played nurse at home and at school,
pushing one 5th grader in a wheelchair, and butterfly-taping another's chin until stitches could be had.

I blistered my fingers lacing and tying 24 pairs of ice skates.
A nurse cleaned and bandaged them for me.

I didn't miss or slight a workout until I was sure everything was OK.
Then I let inclination dictate and netted a 2 hour walk instead of a 3 mile run.

I was drained
and then rejuvenated.

I have been, I have felt,
I have lived.
I have gotten my mileage out of life this week.

4 comments:

RunBubbaRun said...

Yes Indeed, busy indeed.

Hopefully you bought some more dishes on your slow day.

Get some rest. Wonder women needs her cape back :)

jbmmommy said...

Some of those miles are the hardest to log, too.

Hope you've got some time to rest and recover coming, you deserve it.

Fe-lady said...

Semi-paralled my week, altho I tied many a shoelace (after undoing multiple knots...why don't parents see these?) rather than lace up skates.
Resistance was down and the one cough from my preschooler, Colby, laid me up for the weekend! If I could pinpoint the moment in time that I caught "the germ" that was it!
Catch up ten hour sleeps are great, aren't they? Hope you have an easier week!

Anne said...

Your posts are like candy -- such a delightful treat. And since I'm giving up junk food for Lent, I suspect you to write even more when my sweet tooth aches. Pretty please?