Thursday, February 08, 2007

I Feel Good!

Like Scary Good.

I did my first interval workout in 2 years last night - on the treadmill (TM). And I taught myself how to program TM for an interval workout. That shows you, my friends, that I am investing in TM. That I think I will need to reach out to the beast and tame it. To this end, I am renaming her; hereforward, she is Truly Mine (TM).

She helped me run fast last night. Oh, the bliss of running fast again! I love it. I'm a junkie for those sweat-wringing, heart-pounding, heavy-breathing intervals.

She helped me dream - imagine - that I might just be able to meet my goal for my 1/2 marathon in April. She gave me evidence last night. I saw 6:53 for 5 quarter miles. Now 13.1 miles of 7:09 that does not make. But it opens the door to it. I soooo want to believe in her. And in me.

Then I had the audacity to run this morning. In the cold. (See Frosted Flake on right.) And I felt good again. Something's coming together here.

I feel good! Na-na-na-na-na-na-na!!!

9 comments:

TriShannon said...

So great when everything starts to come together. I love those days when running just feels good.

DV said...

brrrr... props to you for running in the cold - i just can't do it. it had to get above 60 here yesterday before I'd venture out.

jwm said...

I love those days. Unfortunately, my TM is still broken. Thankfully it's starting to warm up above "painful" temperatures again.

-jwm

RunBubbaRun said...

You are giving me flashbacks from my run outside last week.

Glad your running is coming along. Yes, intervals on treadmill, gotta love them. Better than running around a track sometimes.

Anonymous said...

yeah, aren't intervals the best? speed work has such an addictive quality...

Unknown said...

impressive! i don't care for treadmills and i dont like to run outside when it is under 20deg.

sounds like things are coming together for you!!

jbmmommy said...

Nice, sounds like a great workout. I hope to some day feel that way about running, ever.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

WOW! That's some fast running. You rock!!!

Lisa said...

Thanks for listening.

I'm starting to reacquaint myself with my treadmill. I missed my workout today again. :(