Tuesday, September 05, 2006

To Thine Own Blog be True

OK, I admit it. I'm starting to get a little freaky. Today was roller-coasterish. I announced to our whole staff that I was doing IM so everyone who didn't know about it earlier knew about it today and IM was suddenly inside my school bubble in a big way!

So on this wild ride, I felt proud to be doing it, but nervous because my quads were still sore from Sunday's long run and then that made me -- dare I say it?? (To thine own blog be true, Triteacher!) It made me dread Sunday. I haven't felt that way yet! I've been excited and fearful, but truly, it was dread, my friends. I dreaded the pain that I know I'm going to experience. I let the thoughts of that L-O-N-G bike ride start to creep into my pores. My stomach started revolving around thoughts of 25+ packets of GU - revolting.

And then...

I dragged my negative old self to my workout tonight. Just a 20 min. bike, 15 min. run, 15 min. swim... and there lay my salvation.

Out there, I found myself. I love to bike, I love to run and I love to swim. It is me. I am it. I am Triathlete.

So, I conclude... Right now, I may not talk a good IM - I may not even think a good IM - but dammit, when it comes to the doing part, count me in!

No comments: