Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Mirror, Mirror

Healthy Numbers: Heart rate, workout times & distances, workout rate numbers, e.g. MPH, minutes per mile

Evil Numbers: Weight, pants/swimsuit... clothing sizes - shoe size OK with me (not OK with my mother-in-law though.)

Healthy mind games: Umm. I don't know - Name that Tune??

Unhealthy mind games: The "Perfect" Game - requires only one player, one mirror, and one twisted mind.

Someday I am going to give myself permission to have hips and breasts - and maybe even thighs if I'm feeling really generous. Until then, my ground rules are: 1) stick to the healthy numbers and, 2) watch only my form when lifting weights in front of the mirror.

Today's HEALTHY numbers
21 minutes on Elliptical - Av HR 139
21 minutes lifting weights - core & upper body

Hey Tri-Men, do you have body image issues??
I know other Tri-Women have 'fessed up. (What's with us??)

4 comments:

Pharmie said...

Yeah, it's pretty tough to keep the right numbers in and the wrong numbers out, especially since we are no longer working out a zillion hours a week. Keep up the good work!

Trisaratops said...

Stupid numbers!

:)

Way to focus on the healthy numbers only. I gotta work on that.

qcmier said...

Yeah, my boobs have been sagging since I cut back on the weight training. And I have terrible tan lines. And an extra couple of donuts around my waist. And...

RunBubbaRun said...

I never did like the feeling of the man bra so I had to do something about it. When I saw the pro go by during his 2nd loop and me on my 1st, that made feel such like a slob. Issues? I still can't bring myself to wear a speedo yet.