Saturday, September 30, 2006

Off-Season To Do List

  • Plan 2007 Race Season: includes researching times, places and training plan
  • Decide whether or not to hire a coach (leaning towards yes)
  • Decide whether or not to buy a tri bike ($$$)
  • Find a biking partner who can push me; ideally they'll live within 30 miles
  • Give up soda (I've been drinking a ridiculous amount - 3 cans of Diet Pepsi a day!)
  • Research triathlete nutrition even more thoroughly and plan healthier meals/find healthier recipes.
  • Finesse my blog - add pictures (I meant to add IMWI ones but honestly, that fat lip is UGLY plus I have hips and thighs! Someday I promise I will get over this 7th grade girl mentality.) Add other bloggers' links, PR list, maybe build a personal template. (Help!)
  • Training for now = focus, Focus, FOCUS on swim stroke and weight training.
  • In the next month or so, formulate a more specific off-season training plan that will build my base for next season.
  • Write thank you notes for IM. Guilty wince. Especially when I picture TriSaraTops with her sore wrists -- and she was doing these how many weeks ago??
Note: I still haven't been able to run. My ankle swelled up the day after Ironman and is still achey. I want to run but am also not in a rush. I know that this is the perfect part of the year to give my body a full recovery. So I will.

4 comments:

Pharmie said...

Sounds like you've got some great plans to fill the recent void. Be sure to keep us posted on your upcoming adventures!

RunBubbaRun said...

I like the buying the tri bike idea, cool toys are are always a good plan. Rest up and like you need to figure out alot of things.

xt4 said...

This is great, and inspires me to make my own (crazy how...reliant on one another I feel us all becoming, even more after Ironman...as TST was inspired to write her own list too...) - good ideas.

And I've had a good weekend of focus over here - Life After Ironman is beginning to have some potential...

TriDaddy said...

Hey... great blog! Great IM Wisconsion report too. By the way, I've long since replaced my mesh stopper with two round shape mesh dish scrubbers. Got a pack of three for like .39 cents and the work like a charm!