Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Killin' It

Someone recently sent me an email hoping I was out there "killin' it". Hoo boy, do I wish! I shoulda posted about 5 days ago when I was EXCITED about this process I'm undertaking. Before I actually started the WORK associated with this process I'm undertaking.

Deep breath. And I'll cut all the subterfuge.

I'm moving.

To Colorado.

Like muchos miles away from po-dunk village, Wisconsin. And man, I am excited. But sheesh, the process of becoming a teacher in Colorado is kicking my ass. There is red tape like you wouldn't believe. They want fingerprints on a specially-coded CBI (yep, that's Colorado Bureau of Investigation) card, administrator-signed statements from every school district in which you've worked, a note from your mother and her 50 last contacts in the medical profession, your college transcripts AND a special form signed by the "Certification Officer" of said college... OK, maybe one of those was an exaggeration, but they seriously want a lot of stuff. No one ever said that being a teacher was easy!

And that's just how I apply for the teaching license. I haven't even begun the job applications yet. I got shut down on those on the second question: "When do you anticipate receiving your Colorado Teaching License?" So I thought I'd better apply for that first.

But. I AM excited. I've made this decision and feel good about it. Some day I'll even post pics of what I'm so excited about. That place is beautiful, folks. I think of Colorado and I think of mountains and sunshine. Mmmm...

I think of Colorado Teaching License and I think of M&Ms, Merlot, and triple-fatty food. I am doing some serious bribing of myself these days.

So. Killin' it? Not so much. Or maybe I'm just not "out there" killin' it - I'm in here, coating some arteries, killin' some serious brain cells, and cutting a lot of red tape with BLACK INK ONLY.

An auspicious beginning, no?

13 comments:

xt4 said...

Moving!?!?!? Ah man, just when the promise of summer is upon us. Can you join us at JLT dinners via satellite???

xt4 said...

PS - oh, and good for you and congrats on something so exciting!

RunBubbaRun said...

Wow, way cool thou...

Hopefully you don't have to deal with the red tape to long to get a job out there..

The main thing, that means I have somebody to run around the mountains up there with, if I ever go up there?

jbmmommy said...

Best wishes that things go smoothly with your move and the certification process. Glad you're looking forward to it.

jbmmommy said...

Best wishes that things go smoothly with your move and the certification process. Glad you're looking forward to it.

Team Brazo said...

Wow -- that is very cool.

Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Colorado will be a beautiful place to live and train!! You won't be too far from us NM bloggers either :)

Pharmie said...

CO will be lucky to have you! We'll miss you around the midwest though!

Fe-lady said...

So cool! BIg step....did the same when I was about your age and never looked back!

Does Colorado make you take state tests/classes before they issue you your teaching certificate?
Az. does...it's mind blowing. And the nation wonders why we can't get teachers!

Best of luck and keep us posted!
What city/town?

Steve Stenzel said...

Wow!! That's a move!! Best of luck!

Michelle said...

NOOOO! You can't leave us WI cheeseheads!

No, seriously, it sounds great. I am excited and happy for you.

Are you running the PineLine so we can catch up?

Unknown said...

Holy smokes, that's a lot of red tape. You are a teacher and not a secret agent, right?!?

qcmier said...

Holy cow!!! One more trip to WIBA before you head to the mountains?
Best of luck to ya!!! =)