Sunday, November 25, 2007

I. M. Slow.

Like molasses in the wintertime. Like the paint drying on Jezebel's tear-soaked cheeks. Like Wisconsin warming up on a November morning. I. M. Slow.

But I am doing it. Four miles. 41 minutes. 30°F with a wicked wind from the west.

Aaand... I'm calling myself a triathlete again. I think I've earned the title. Check out the math:

1 run + 1 swim + 1300 miles biking = Triathlete. Right?

In other news, I awoke at 5 AM yesterday to the sounds of my cat playing with the boombox. Fastforward the tape. *CLICK* Stop *CLICK* and rewind. *CLICK* Open the CD player. *CREE-ICK* I praised him for his dexterity with his paws - and promptly gave him the boot. But once awakened, do you think I could sleep again?

Today's winning wake-up call goes to the dog. Puking on my comforter at 7 AM.

Nope, I didn't fall back to sleep after that one either.

8 comments:

jwm said...

Count your blessings.. You could think 10 min/mile is fast .. :)

Winter rides (and probably runs) are supposed to be unexplainably (is that a word?) slow. Spring is for gettin' faster.

-jwm

RunBubbaRun said...

Welcome to the wintery slow club.. I know the feeling.

Slow miles and my dogs hurling at wee hours. At least he wakes you up at 7:00am, mine does it around 2:00 AM..

Slow, but I know better, fast, you are always be an IM triathlete.

ps. Racine half IM Triathlon in July? just a thought.

Fe-lady said...

Pet alarm-clocks! What would we do without them? (Hope the doggie is feeling better...too much turkey?)

Once a triathlete, always a triathlete...

The Fool said...

TT,

Nice. It's as start. A fresh start.

You can't think about where you have been, how fast, or how far.

You can only have what you have today, and what you have to plan for tomorrow.

Yesterday? History. Memories. Today, make some good yesterdays for tomorrow's memories......

the fool

Anonymous said...

At least you've done a swim! I'm finally going to get in that pool today.

You've put in some great bike miles!

That is one talented cat..hehe. I just love when one of our dogs wakes us up with the beautiful sound of heaving. Hope your dog is feeling better :)

Michelle said...

You know what's worse? Waking up to the smell of dog poop! Been there.

Steve Stenzel said...

Wow...those are some great back-to-back wake up calls!! Amazing!!!

GetBackJoJo said...

Bummer about the comforter. Nothing like the refreshing scent of fresh dog barf early in the morning. And you're NOT slow! You're just warming up. It's takes longer in the cold, you know.