Saturday, November 10, 2007

Genesis of the Chick


It all began on a warm WIBA day
We were biking the Ironman Wisconsin course
Happy triathletes all,
Steve, Pharmie, TriAl,
Marty, Me, Bubba (front),
Positively radiating
heat, energy, joy, purity

And then lightning struck
I turned to my friend and said
This feels good.
I'm biking to see you
next week.
Yes, it's a 70 mile trip
and my longest ride so far
has been 28 miles
But this feels good.
I will do it.

And I did.
The Biker Chick was hatched.
I biked those 70 miles
over and over this summer.
Then September and school
made summer screech to a halt.
But I couldn't seem to brake Serra.

I started biking to school.
The days got shorter
The weather grew colder

I kept biking to school.
September, October,
now November

Will I be biking in December
January, February?

The chick has hatched
(Thank you, WIBA)
The gauntlet has been dropped
The gear has been bought
The rider is ready.

Now just to bribe, cajole
plead with, combat
that little thing called
Old Man Winter.

6 comments:

jbmmommy said...

Glad to see you're back! Welcome, BIKER CHICK, I hope we still see triteacher around sometimes, too. You know the tri-stuff will still call you back. Take care.

jwm said...

Biking in January is all about clothes.. People ski in January.

You don't need to bribe old man winter.. You just bike.

Keep at it!

-jwm

Steve Stenzel said...

Stupid winter. I just posted about him too....

Unknown said...

125 miles per week in the fall?!?!? You are a biker GODDESS.

RunBubbaRun said...

Road biking in the Winter a true die hard in the making..

That WIBA day seems so far off now compared to that sunny hot day and now..

Keep on riding POLAR biker chick.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Former lurker here!

Glad you're back. That's some serious bike riding, girl. I hope to be doing more soon.