Saturday, November 10, 2007

Unveiling Biker Chick

I look at my old blog
and realize that I am in a new spot.
I have been biking A LOT.
My old self would never have called herself a biker.
I am a BIKER CHICK now.
Yep. Capital letters even.

I hardly do races anymore
My swimsuits have forgotten the feel of water
My running shoes wouldn't recognize gravel
if it were ground into their treads.

I just bike.
To school, from school,
and then on the weekends for kicks.

Now this is all fine and heady stuff
but I'm sure you're wondering
what gives this woman the right
to call herself a BIKER CHICK
(audacious, I know)

Here's a sampling of the numbers, folks...
Oct. 29-Nov. 4: 164 miles
Including one 33° ride
and many rides in the dark
(Yes, my middle name is gear:
Biker Gearhead Chick)

I'm averaging 125 miles per week.
For the first time in my life, I'm hoping for a winter without snow. I want to ride. Every day. I obsessively check the weather. Will I have a headwind or a tailwind? How many layers will I have to wear?

I get tingly when I lay out my clothes the night before.
I positively vibrate when I see tailwinds for both my AM & PM rides.
It is compulsive.
It is mandatory for decent Triteacher existence.
So I yield to it.
I am a Biker Chick.

6 comments:

RunBubbaRun said...

As long as your not that other type of biker chick, the Harley type I mean.. Then we might have to have a talk..

No swimming for you, you sure you are feeling okay?

Be careful riding out there thou..

Team Brazo said...

All the riding sounds great -- I would think that it would be fun/challenge to ride in the "Wisconsin conditions". Now they just need to develop the 3 person bike so I can drop the kids off at school each day via bike!

Should be a great weekend for some more riding...

jwm said...

NICE! Quite a change.

-jwm

xt4 said...

You. Are a friggin. Rockstar.

And nice to have you back at the blog.

Fe-lady said...

Hooked...
Come visit...but I won't keep up!

Unknown said...

125 miles per week?!?! In the fall?!?! Wow!!