Sunday, December 02, 2007

Knock Your Socks Off

I admit it.
I went into it cocky.
Told them I was going to
knock their socks off

They'd made it look so easy
effortless
I had visions of a gingerbread man extraordinaire
with a rose petal for a hat
My mind saw beautiful possibilities.

Then I took hold of the icing spoon
and the dream began to disintegrate
The icing plopped off the spoon
in goopy lumps
The sprinkles clumped together

They
- Heartless creatures! -
dubbed him
"Sumo Wrestler"
and sniggered about how I'd
Indeed
knocked their socks off.

Then
Woops!

I dropped him
facedown
onto the floor
Knocked HIS sock off...

*Sigh*
Coulda been so beautiful...

4 comments:

jwm said...

Looks like he finished with a smile on his face. If you seek to improve, train harder next year.

-jwm

Fe-lady said...

Cute- and oh so yummy!

RunBubbaRun said...

All I could think about in the post was about the gingerbread man in Shrek..

The Fool said...

TT,

Cute. Of course you know that broken cookies have no calories right? They all leak out...... CHOMP.

the fool