Sunday, December 02, 2007

FEMININE WILES

I cried, I moped, I pouted
I raged
I was sweet
I was sexy
I wore his favorite clothes

TO NO AVAIL

I massaged his steely frame
I pumped him up
when he was low
You might even say
I "greased his chain"

TO NO AVAIL






I sought to gain purchase with gifts:
1) Tighter tights
2) Bigger, brighter headlamps
3) Racy tubes
4) A back-up tire
(I thought I was saying: I'm investing in this relationship. He heard: You're getting old.)


Then, I let go of my pride
Compromised my principles
I begged.
I want you for forever
and every day, but can't we even just have a
one
night
stand?

He yielded!
November 28, 2007
1:12.28, 19.7 MPH Avg., 24 miles, 29° F

Feminine wiles triUMPHant!

8 comments:

RunBubbaRun said...

I think your speedo and running shoes are getting so jelous now, screaming, pick me, pick me..

I thought running outside in the cold was a little crazy.. burr, riding a bike is so much colder..

be careful out there.

Team Brazo said...

19.7 mph in 29 degree weather -- holy smokes -- that is like a 10 degree wind chill -- better you than me.

Have a nice day...

Fe-lady said...

Brrr...and we thought we were "brave" starting out at a breezy 50 degrees yesterday.
We are WIMPY WIMPY WIMPY!!!
Love the pix and poetry...

Anonymous said...

"one night stand"...that's funny!

Great job on the ride. You're smokin' fast!

The Fool said...

TT,

Yeah, but now you better put a ski in place of the front tire.

Smokin' HOT ride though.

the fool

Michelle said...

rock on sister!

jwm said...

20mph in freezing temps on a tri bike? You're crazier than I thought.

Be careful.. but keep up the good work.

-jwm

Steve Stenzel said...

Nice job!! Great post!