Monday, November 24, 2008

I Wanna Eat


I wanna eat
turkey and stuffing
and mashed potatoes
and gravy
I wanna mound it on my plate
and moosh it all together
creating a wavy swirl

Then I wanna take a tractor load
of it and stuff it
in my mouth
making chipmunk cheeks
that are such a concoction
that even my mother
won't recognize it as her own cooking
In the spare space
I'll add the crowning touch
a splash of red ~
the cranberry sauce

I wanna get down and dirty
with a leg
and lick my fingers
I wanna pull the skin off
and dangle it over my mouth
and then drop it in
and gulp it
gnashing my teeth and
smearing my lips with its oiliness

I want pumpkin pie
with dollops of whipped topping
that I will mash down
with my fork
spooning and spreading
meticulously covering
every
delicious
nutmeggy
inch of it

Then shovel-style,
I will fork it into my mouth
chewing with open
gulping, gasping,
swishing, swirling
noises

And I wanna do this at night
at 10 PM after everyone has gone to bed
down in my mom's kitchen
so I don't have to do any of it delicately

Biking makes me really hungry.

1:22.32, 23 miles, 16.4 Avg. MPH

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Niced bike ride, TT!! Why am I suddenly starving?? ;-)

Hope you have more great rides and a wonderful Thanksgiving!

jwm said...

(I'm not hungry)
(I'm not hungry)
(I'm not hungry)
(I'm not hungry)
(I'm not hungry)

Dang IT!!! Thanks TT.

-jwm

KK said...

Sounds yummy, except the part when you say you're going to swirl it all together. Yuck, I HATE it when my food touches. But the rest was very clever and you have earned it girl. Happy Tday!

Anne said...

Hey, did we might up at the fridge the other night?!

Michelle said...

So good, I can almost taste it!

Anonymous said...

biking makes me more hungry than any other form of exercise - why is that??