Friday, November 14, 2008

Birthday Gifts I Gave to Myself

Wednesday: Doctor's appointment. I think - hope - this will be my last one associated with the accident. The neurosurgeon gave me clearance to bend, lift, and twist to my heart's content. She did caution me against running or other high impact activities until January though.

Thursday: FLIP TURNS!!! I made all four 50s on 50 seconds. I am a swimmer again!

Friday: A new bike helmet - red, because that's the color my new tri bike is going to be. The trip to the bike shop also included me doing research on my next build. These guys tell me they can get the job done. I want it exactly like my old build, my beloved Serra, but have to change the color. And the name... Ideas?

Saturday: A day spent with some of my favorite people in the world doing an event that is yet to be revealed to me. I love surprises!

Sunday: The crowning glory on the day of my birthday -- my first ride. I have my ol' road bike all ready to go, just finished pumping up the tires, in fact. On Sunday, when Denver is slated for 65 degrees and sun, you will find me on the bike path...

Skip the candles; I already have all I could wish for.

6 comments:

jwm said...

Happy B-day TT!

Very glad to hear you're on the mend.

Just so happens, my presents showed up today (weeks early)..

-jwm

Team Brazo said...

Happy Birthday!!

Very nice to hear that things are going well.

Enjoy your day.

KK said...

Hi TT,
Yay, I am so glad to read that things are on the mend for you. What an awful thing to have happen, I am so sorry you had to go through that.

But, no better way to cheer yourself up than presents! I am envious of the new tri bike-should be smokin'.

Have a great ride tomorrow. I know you will!

Fe-lady said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!

Flip turns and 50 sec. 50s are proof that you are back!

When my hubby had hip replacement surgery the first question he asked the surgeon was when he could to flip-turns in the pool. He was speechless as he had never had that question posed to him before! (And I don't think he even knew WHAT a filp-turn WAS!)

Can't wait to see you new bike!

The Fool said...

Bike Name?

Easy.

Roja!

Happy day TT.

MKC

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, a week late. Sounds like you had a great birthday celebration - definitely a sign of a good year to come. There are a lot of mid- November bdays. I've heard it's because of the 9 month from valentines day factor - I was early so I don't apply, but do you?