Sunday, August 26, 2007

Rockstar Sighted


Hey! So I'm back from Ragnar Great River Relay and it was un-bee-lieve-able. The running rocked, my teammates were superb (when we complained about our soreness, it was our ribs and abs to which we referred - we laughed sooooo much) AND I sighted a rockstar. At three checkpoints, I noticed this smiling woman herding her team around, supporting them, and every time I had that nagging sensation that she looked familiar. FINALLY on the third time, it hit me, and I screwed up the courage to approach tri-royalty.

"Trimama?" I asked. Sure enough, it was her. We chatted for a bit - laughing, swapping war stories - and then, *boom* as it goes in the fast-paced world of relay races, she was off like a shooting (rock)star in the night.

Meeting Trimama was great, and I have even more highlights from this race, which include:
1) Why it took me 2:24 to do my first leg of 7.4 miles.
2) How it feels to run at 10PM when something loud is crashing through the woods along side you.
3) How "Stick a fork in these legs - they're done" can give way to the run of one's life. (Teaser: Eye Candy played a major role.)

More details to come once I drift my way out of this twilight zone induced by a sleep-deprived INTENSE race weekend and needing to get ready for school tomorrow... Later!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Looking forward to the details..

RunBubbaRun said...

Sounded like fun...

Can't wait to hear the rest of it.

xt4 said...

AWESOME. Hurry up and get back to the race report!!!!

Unknown said...

all you left us with is the teaser?!?!?! looking forward to the details...

tri-mama said...

Just about the most fun you can cram into 30 hours. It was so good to meet you- for sure let's catch up and cheer in wisconsin

Steve Stenzel said...

Ugh...schools starting....

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Awesome! Eye candy sounds interesting!!