Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Sneakin' Stinkin' Blues

Stage 1: Hide 'n' Seek
Steadfastly ignore their presence...
Keep truckin' on through, acting as if.
Smile and teach at school.
Work out, eat, socialize, sleep in the after hours.

Stage 2: Slip-up
Let them creep into the after hours...
Feel like being on nodding acquaintance only with 100% of humanity.
Finally get left alone.
Don't know quite what it was I wanted to do with myself.

Mozart is annoying.
Can't find anything decent on Sirius.
Maybe Billy Joel will cheer me up. (Snort at own perversity.)

Skip swim workout.
Ski 15 minutes, freeze fingers, go home.
A good book would be nice.

Eat lots of food:
Spaghetti supper.
3 bowls of cereal.
Gorp grazing.

Re-shovel the driveway.
Almost smile when Piper chases snow.
(OK, allow self full smile and laughter; 80 pound puppies bounding and leaping and sliding all over the place for a snowball that explodes into a million tiny pieces when it hits the ground are FUNNY.)

Stage 3: Proclaim it. Own it.
ALL RIGHT! I, TRITEACHER, AM IN A FUNK!
OUT OF SORTS! DEPRESSED!
PISSED AT THE WORLD!
WANNA DITCH MY OWN SKIN!

Ha! Take that you Dirty Blues Bastard.
I am looking you right in the face.
I see you there.
Now come and get me.

I dare you.

Stage 4: Move on. At last. Please?

4 comments:

jwm said...

Everyone has a blue day. You'll flip your way out of it. Buy a new coat, or at least gloves.

Hollyfish said...

Awh...hang in there kid. It'll get better. It always does. I know this first hand. Spend more time laughing with the puppy... I'm around if you want to chat... Sending good thoughts your way!

Trisaratops said...

That's right. You tell that funk who's BOSS.

Anne said...

Is this serious or seasonal? Maybe it's the mealy tomato. Gravity is also a metaphysical phenomenon, and moods sometimes require constant propping that the brain just can't allow on occasion.

A few more M&M's and a good book after working up a sweat should do the job.