Saturday, November 18, 2006

New Age Group


I have officially passed into the next age group: 35-39 year olds. I debated on taking this step, but when my parents drove 3 hours to surprise me on Wednesday night bearing Mom's homemade Heath Bar cake (my very favorite birthday cake since I was a wee girl), I pledged my commitment to the 35 year-olds of the world and joined their ranks.

Other birthday perks? Chris told me that this year he was really going to do a good job on my birthday. So, did he force me to work out after Parent-Teacher conferences like I told him to do? Nope, he cooked me up a triple-fatty meal and got me drunk on expensive red wine. Which may be good for endurance athletes. Maybe there's hope for this guy yet. :)

6 comments:

RunBubbaRun said...

Happy B-day. drinking and eating alot, the only way to go..The cake looks good..

Pharmie said...

Happy Birthday! That cake looks super yummy. Maybe a new age group is the perfect way to start your superfast triathlon career:)

Rachel said...

That cake looks delicious. I think the great thing about triathlon is that it allows you to embrace aging since you're so healthy! Happy Birthday!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Nice blog - I found ya via TriSaraTops. I love the article on Red Wine...makes that occasional glass or 3 I have sometimes seem justified.

Happy Birthday!!

qcmier said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! Any cake left? That looks delicious.

The Fool said...

TT,

OK, so I get this right: is your B-day the 19th, or the 18th?

Mom makes a mean, serious cake. Wimpy low cal stuff? Need not apply. I'll bet this cake weighed 6 pounds. Go big or go home on the dessert front.

Welcome to the next age bracket, cutie. Where should I put the walker, or would you prefer a wheelchair? :-) Hey but you gained 10 minutes on your BQ! 3:50? Piece of Cake!

M-