Thursday, July 03, 2008

Five Days Hiking

A strange blue light
weaves a spell around me
makes a click
makes a crunch
in this ol' granola soul




A strange blue light
wreathes around the mountains
draws me further
pulls me inward
pulls me upward
pulls me out





Out into the wilderness
up the peaks
across the ridges
I don't stop walking
I can't stop looking
could go forever
above the treeline
across June snowfields
surprising herds of elk
past glacial cirques
feeding rushing streams

This strange blue light
that bathes
rock-clad mountains
captures
this granola soul

Colorado
Crunch
and
Click

5 comments:

Anne said...

Who's that handsome companion in the last photo? For five days in the wilderness, you both look awefully "fresh." Wonderful pictorial to match those carefully choreographed words.

KK said...

What a lyrical way to capture the essence of hiking...love the
"ol' granola soul" bit too. Yay, you're in Colorado!!!

Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous pictures! I am jealous (in a happy-for-you kind of way) that you get to live in such beauty.

I, too, love the "granola soul" line :)

RunBubbaRun said...

Okay, yeah whose the guy carrying all the gear??

Great pics and view.. Ohh the mountains,, they don't have that in the midwest..

happy trails..

KK said...

Sorry, I think you've had to do this before (in a different variety) but I like you well enough to retag you. :)

http://viewsfromthemountain.blogspot.com/2008/07/tagged.html