Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Lightning Finds Me

4:30 AM
I awoke to a flash of lightning
followed shortly by a HUGE crack of thunder
Lightning found me.

I jumped out of bed ready to ride.
I want to face this storm
I want to ride it out
I want to be in it
to live in it
to be tossed and turned
to be scared out of my wits
but stay true
to me
the motion.

By the time you read this
I will be on my bike...
YAHOOOOOOO!!!

7:30 AM Addition
I made it to school high and (nearly) dry. The gods put away their sabers and stopped shedding each other's blood the minute I stepped out the door.

Pussies. Afraid of a little girl on a bike.

7 comments:

martykc said...

TT,

Lightning in a bottle.

Sometimes I think you have to see that you are IN the storm. Sometimes you have to see you ARE the storm.

Ride it out, TT.

Marty

Steve Stenzel said...

The last line caught me a little off guard. LOVE IT!

jwm said...

Sounds like tough bikin' talk!

Watch out taunting those gods though.

-jwm

RunBubbaRun said...

You go gett'em TT..

You tell it like it is, I like that..

Glad your still out there training..

Fe-lady said...

You scared the lightning back into the clouds...yeah for "little" girls on bikes!

qcmier said...

HeHe...

Awesome

xt4 said...

THAT was awesome.