Sunday, July 22, 2007

Ninety Degrees

You sit in a 90° parking lot
sweating bullets
in a deer-crushed car
that allows only inches
of air
to blow over you
to cool your indecision

It is a 90° turn you are considering
an apartment
at a 30-mile distance
from him
from her
- the person that you were.

Considering
an open door
to ... What?
Freedom?
New vistas?
Self-actualization?
Maybe.

Times of loneliness?
Moments of regret, sadness?
Assuredly.
___________

And here I am.
In the new place
in a room of my own.
I did it.

I am here.
In the middle of all this.
I still have my self
- with a 90° difference -
in a spot of
cool light
and sweet spaces.

In a spot with
rooooom
to explore
to be
to write

I am here.
I am home.

5 comments:

jbmmommy said...

Warm wishes in your new home.

I'm sure there are challenges, but you're heading in the right direction.

Enjoy the space and time to get reacquainted with the woman you're looking for.

Unknown said...

Best wishes for better times ahead.

A place of your own sounds like a good start as you re-discover yourself.

Fe-lady said...

Great to hear your voice again!
Enjoy your space and your ROOOOM!
:-)

The Fool said...

TT,

A room with a view. A new view.

Open up the windows, enjoy the new vistas.

the fool

Trisaratops said...

Sounds like things are getting a little more settled for you.

Thinking of you and hoping you are well!