Tuesday, August 29, 2006

More Please

I can't get enough Ironman. I've read everyone's blogs and it feels so good to be a part of this family who does triathlon. I smile as I read about the goals others have set for themselves, the tris they've done, the ones they're still dreaming of doing. And then I savor this sensation. I love being in this spot. I'm trained, a fine-tuned swim/bike/run machine. And I have what it takes mentally. If September 10th comes hot and muggy, I'll have the fortitude to slow down and keep myself hydrated. If I flat or start chafing, I can handle that too. I have what it takes to do this.

School started today and people asked lots of questions about IM. I felt like some exotic bird on exhibit, but proudly so (cue strut and preen)... they were very supportive. My family too this last weekend... my mom thinks I'm nuts, but doesn't she see that she's the one who's inspired me? I told her that she still outworks me. Then we talked about my sisters - all take-charge kind of girls we are. Hmmm, Mom, wonder where we get that?

And they'll all be there for me that day. That's scary. The expectations of others often scare me more than my expectations for myself. Or living up to what I imagine their expectations are. OK, enough already. I started this post all cool and calm and now I'm getting all worked up. Ugh, writing is supposed to have the opposite effect!

Maybe I better go back to reading others' blogs...

But the numbers first:
Monday = 90 minute bike, 30 min. swim
Tuesday = Off
Wednesday = 90 min. bike
Thursday = 40 min. run
Friday = Off
Saturday = 180 min. bike, 45 min. swim
Sunday = 90 min. run

8-9 hours of sleep every night. Period.

Ah... back to something calming...

3 comments:

Trisaratops said...

Man, I had to go back to school last WEEK! *jealous* :) I am with you--sounds like you are ready to go! I gotta get better at this sleep thing, too...only 7 last night...and I still feel a little sleepy!

qcmier said...

I guess you're like my polar opposite.
Yeah I tend to "buck the system." As I was once told: There's more than one way to skin a cat."

Beer usually calming for me.

The Fool said...

TT,
See? You had that.... "I'm somewhere else" thing going too... Your mind was on Ironman.

It was great that you could infuse that excitement into those around you.

I can feel your energy building.

I have more to say..... back channel.

You are a rare bird.:-)

M-