Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Ample Spread

I feel the ample spread
when I sit down in my chair
My hips and thighs
conquer
quashing any resistance
from the chair
the loveseat
even the couch can hold
no truck with them
This truckload o' me
brooks no opposition

And while I'm bitchin'...

My hair is streaked with silver
I've got cottage cheese
- and not just on my plate -

BUT

My ample spread
encompasses
not only the state of my
buttocks and thighs
but also my frame of mind
I'm comfortable where I am
wide-ranging and free

So keep your skinny hips
and your 6-pack abs
I'm comfortable with
my ample spread
my horn of plenty
my plethora
the bottomless pit o' me
(No pictures with this post though.)

5 comments:

Erin said...

I, too, have an ample spread, and have spent the last decade or more coming to terms with it. But this -- what you describe -- is what I, too, love about it.

This is a fantastic piece. I'd think about submitting it if I were you. Thanks for posting -- it brightened my day. :)

Anne said...

Since you seem on good terms with your spread, would you mind if I sent some of mine to you since we're still very much at odds?

KK said...

ha ha ha good post! But I bet many would beg to differ with you. You just happen to live in an annoyingly fit state, which makes even skinny people feel badly about themselves.

Great piece, you need to submit this stuff to The Sun!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this post, and can relate! We are very much in the same place :)

Fe-lady said...

I doubt very much that there is much "ample-ness" to your spread... :-)

And grey hair? Please???

You are a strong, fit, talented woman.
End of story.