Friday, September 19, 2008

Let Me Come In

It is the club to which
I most want to belong
More than I wanted to
be a 7th grade cheerleader
More than I wanted
braces in 8th
More even
than I wanted to
be an Ironman

It is epitomized by
people who qualify for Tri Nationals
Its members speed by me
on my bike commutes home
especially on the uphill - grr...



They eat nails for breakfast
and shit out steel tri bikes for lunch
Its archetype include those who unpuffingly
pass me on my way up Rabbit Ears Pass
They have the gall to say
"Welcome to paradise"
(Oh yes, I got my ass over that pass
but they got theirs over faster)




Their spandex is tighter
their hips are leaner
their machinery meaner

I wannabe
I wannabe
I wannabe
A Fitness Freak of Colorado

Affectionately (one of?) yours,
TT

8 comments:

jwm said...

it's a long way from WI.. good luck.

-jwm

Fe-lady said...

I think you already SHOULD be a member...
be warned tho. Sometimes the "best" and "fastest" are certainly not the nicest. Maybe it's different up in Colorado. Hope so!

Anne said...

Hang out with me and you'll feel like a freak in no time. And, like fe-lady, you may already be included and just not know it yet.

Anonymous said...

They'll be begging you to be Prez of the club in no time ;-)

Sound like lotso fun, girl!!

RunBubbaRun said...

I guess you better crackin then with the training.. Good luck with the goals..

But I like the "slow watch the flowers" approach..

C'mon the trail races are calling you too.

KK said...

Thanks for the shout out. I'm glad you used the descriptor "affectionately" because I was starting to think I came off a little too strong on our run a few weeks back :).

P.S. Many of us who belong to this club of which you speak wish sometimes we could be more relaxed and laid back about our fitness so we would enjoy it more...I guess the grass is always greener.

Cheers! Great post.

Michelle said...

You are in the holy land, girlfriend!

Erin said...

Great post. Glad to see life is treating you well in beautiful CO. Jealous, as always, of your relocation!